~> About Australia

------------------------------ Australia General Info

~> Visa ETAs and Australia Entry Info

Australian Climate

Getting Around Australia

Australian Food & Drinks

Australian Beaches

Camping in Australia

Australian Ski Resorts Holidays

Nightlife in Australia

Australian Aboriginals

Australian Flora

Australian Fauna

Birds in Australia




Australian Eta (Visa), Customs & Other Entry Information

If you ever happen to travel to Australia you will need a passport or some other proof of identification. Also you will need to apply for a visa or ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) before you arrive there. But if you are from New Zealand you can apply for your visa even when you arrive in Australia.


Visas & ETAs
An ETA is something similar to a visa, but without stamps or labels in the passport. Another difference is that you can apply for an ETA without visiting an Australian embassy. If you are accepted, your ETA will be issued digitally by a computer base made for the Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs (DIMIA) of Australia.
In order to apply for an ETA you should visit https://www.eta.immi.gov.au/. Should you need some more information concerning visas, ETAs, business or holiday visits and others, visit the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs’ website. If you need to know where is the closest Australian embassy to you, visit https://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/index.htm.

It is quite strictly forbidden the entry of drugs, steroids, weapons, protected wildlife and other products. So if have any doubts about something that you carry, you’d better declare it to the Customs when you arrive.

Tax Free/Duty Free
If you are over 18 years you can import no more than 2250ml of alcohol, 250 cigarettes or 250 grams of tobacco without paying any taxes. If you want to bring in any other goods, no matter the purpose, there is a duty/tax-free allowance of $A900 for a person over 18 and $A450 for a person under 18 years. If you travel with a relative or a husband/wife, your allowances can be combined. You should carry the items through Customs and cannot use them for commercial purposes.

Cash and foreign currency

You should declare your cash to the Customs when getting in or out of Australia, if it exceeds $A10,000 or their equivalent in some other currency (excluding the travel cheques).

You should also declare to the Customs any medical products that you might be carrying, because they are strictly controlled. It would be better if the medication is accompanied by a letter or a prescription from your doctor, describing it and your medical condition.

Luggage inspection

You should know that your baggage might be inspected when you arrive in Australia or before get on a domestic or an international plane. If you carry any items of quarantine concern, you should definitely declare it and if not – you can be fined or prosecuted.

Passenger Movement Charge
In Australia there is a Passenger Movement Charge (departure tax) equal to $A38 for a single person and you pay it beforehand with your plane ticket. The people that are not subjects to this tax are the ones under 12 years and the ones that travel 24h transit.
There might be some other types of taxes and if that is the case – they are usually also included in the price of the ticket.

The Australian environment is quite unique and as such it is protected very carefully by the quarantine. Some foods, animal or plant products from overseas might bring with them destructive diseases. So if you carry such items you should declare them. The potentially dangerous products include fresh or packaged food, fruit, eggs, meat, vegetables, seeds, skins, feathers, wood and plants. Every luggage is usually x-rayed or given to sniffer dogs by the Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service (AQIS) in order to find such quarantine products. AQIS has also provided the international airports with bins in which travelers can throw quarantine items. If you don’t declare food, plant and animal material you can be heavily fined. For additional information visit the AQIS web site (https://www.affa.gov.au/).

You are not obliged to get vaccinated unless you are coming from a yellow fever infected country or zone or visited such in the last 6 days before arriving in Australia. You don’t need any other medical certificate in order to enter Australia. For more information visit the Department of Health and Aged Care(https://www.health.gov.au/) and World Health Organisation(https://www.who.int/en/).

Australia Trips

© All Rights Reserved

filme free kostenlose gallerien chat videos geschichten bilder abspritzen fotos photos